
Today is my last day as a Liberty Corporation employee. As of the end of the day (barring any surprises), all of Liberty's 15 TV stations will be owned by Raycom Media, and Liberty will cease to be. The strange part is that I'll come to work tomorrow just as always, but will report to someone in Montgomery, Alabama & I don't have a clue what I'll be doing. I am contracted to work for Raycom for 12 weeks and I'm hoping all of those 12 weeks are in Greenville, but I have no idea. It's the last day for many of my co-workers who are not in the accounting dept., so I've been saying a lot of goodbyes. The pictures to the left & right are of the Liberty Building. It's a very beautiful building & I'll miss working in downtown Greenville.
On the real estate front, we have a contract on the house I bought before John & I were married (pictured left). We advertised it in the Greenville News for the first time on Saturday (1/21), & had an offer on Sunday (1/22) at 4pm. We haven't closed yet, but are keeping our fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly.
On the job front, I've had a couple of phone interviews with Blackbaud and am waiting to hear from them. I have an interview on Friday with a public accounting firm, Pratt-Thomas & Gumb, who is furnishing us with hotel arrangements for the weekend. I am not sure either place is where I want to be, so I am continuing to search and also trying to keep an open mind about these two opportunities.
John has been busy trying go juggle school on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays with work on Tuesdays & Thursdays. While he's busy, I'm afraid it's just a preview of what's to come once he gets to MUSC. So we're trying to enjoy what free time we do have!
So we're heading down to Charleston this weekend where we're planning to ride around & make the rent vs. buy decision, and spend time with some good friends. - Ashley
No comments:
Post a Comment