...it's off to work I go. Sadly, my maternity has officially come to an end. A part of me is ready to enter the real world again. I truly do love my job, and the people I work with. But I'm going to really, really miss spending so much time with Whit. Whit started daycare Monday of this week, while I worked half days from home. This has been a nice transition for us. Next week I go back full time, and I think it will be much harder since I'll spend so much less time with Whit. I don't worry about him b/c he'll be fine! I'll just miss my little man.
He is going to "school" at Ashley River Baptist Church. There are 3 nice ladies (Ms. Brenda, Ms. Brucella, and Ms. Diane) that take very good care of him. This morning when I dropped him off, Ms. Brucella told me I could bring a crib mobile if I'd like. She'd noticed that Whit really likes to look up at things hanging down and she was sure he'd enjoy one. That made me feel a good bit better. You see I've actually been looking for an inexpensive crib mobile to purchase for his crib at home (I've come up empty handed at two different consignment sales over the past couple of weeks) because I've noticed the same thing. This let me know that they are paying him a lot of attention, and noticing his individual needs. Today I found a used mobile at Once Upon a Child for $6.50!!
When I registered him for school I was asked to jot down some helpful hints for the ladies in the nursery so they would have a cheat sheet of sorts until they got to know him. I'm sure they do this to make nervous moms like me feel better. These ladies have much more experience taking care of newborns than I do. They are so good at it they can take care of 3 or 4 at once. Me - well, 1 is more than I can handle at times. So they probably laughed at my hints - but here's what we told them about Whit...
Hi! My name is Whit Waters & I’m excited to be starting school & having you as my teachers. I will miss my mommy & daddy while I am at school, but they have asked that I tell you a little about me…
1. I generally eat every 3 to 4 hours. I do not have specific times yet. I usually eat 4 oz., but I do not have to finish my bottle. Sometimes I only want 3 oz.
2. I get burped about 3 times during a feeding. Recently I’ve really been really fighting my mom and dad when they try to burp me; but please try to burp me anyway because I spit up less and my stomach hurts less when I burp.
3. I occasionally choke when I eat. I’ve been much better lately, but in case it happens just quickly put me on your shoulder, pat my back, and make sure I’m breathing normally again.
4. After I eat I usually play happily for 1 – 1.5 hours. Then I start to get fussy and need to take a nap. My mom & dad have been working on getting me to go to sleep by myself in my crib. However, sometimes when I get too upset they will hold/rock me until I am almost asleep.
5. I go to sleep much faster when I have my pacifier. I don’t really need a pacifier any other time, unless I am showing out & nothing else is working.
6. When I wake up from a nap I am ready to eat immediately. Don’t worry; I will let you know this. I can be pretty loud.
7. I grunt & snort when I am mad. I will do this for a while before I cry. When I finally cry, I am very mad.
8. Please love on me lots and lots. My mommy & daddy miss me & wish they could take care of me during the day.
I tried to post a picture of Whit & I before his first day of school, but I get an error message every time I try to upload it. So sorry about the picture-less post!
No comments:
Post a Comment