Thursday, February 23, 2006

Rucha


Well, ok, you could say that I asked for it. When a 28 year old man goes back to school, he shouldn't complain about anything that has to do with the school experience - I realize this. But I just wanted all of you to know my new "friend" Rucha....this will sound like complaining, so I'm sorry for that - really it's just funny.

So I'm taking a biochemistry lab at Clemson because MUSC told me I had to have it. I'm thinking, ok, I've come this far, I'm accepted to dental school, how bad can a couple more classes be? That was before I met Rucha - the unbelievably bad English speaking, not a "people person" Indian teaching assistant.

Good Lord.......she's quite the ruiner of semesters. Rucha spends her days researching the protien content of everything from leaves to cat pee. She likes to quiz us on such things. I want to be a dentist, and I really don't care about biochem that much, but I try to go in there, have a good attitude and get through it....then good old Rucha brings the pain, making you feel like a "stupid American" if you have a question about today's leaf protein analysis. It's great. I wish you all could be there with me to experience 3 hours of Rucha, and we'd have a jolly good American laugh afterwards. For now, you'll just have to read this blog and use your imagination. Sorry again if this sounds like complaining - sometimes a student just needs to vent.

No comments: