This crew loves, and I means LOVES to sing Christmas Carols. We sang EVERYTHING. You name it, we sang it. You may think I'm exaggerating, and may be asking yourself - did they sing...
* Sleighride? (the answer is yes)
* White Christmas? (yep) Blue Christmas? (yep)
* Santa Baby? (yep)
* Every known & unknown Christmas song in the church hymnal - Even Lo Ee'r a Rose a Blooming? (yep)
* Sprituals such as Children Go Where I Send Thee & Go Tell It On the Mountain? (yep)
* The Twelve Days of Christmas in round style? (yep - John & I were "5 Golden Rings" against my better judgement)
* Robert Earl Keen's "Merry Christmas From the Family"? (believe it or not - yes)
* Robert Earl Keen's "Merry Christmas From the Family"? (believe it or not - yes)
We had a great time. Dana Beach, my boss and director of CCL plays the piano a bit, there were two guitars there (one being John), and a stand-up bass. The party was held at a co-worker's house on South Battery Street downtown. Gershwin, in his day, played the piano in the very room we were caroling in. Very cool. Here are some pics from the night...
No comments:
Post a Comment