Monday, April 20, 2009

Easter Sunday

We spent Easter Sunday in Charleston this year since John's parents visited the weekend before, and my parents were visiting the week after. I was a little sad that we weren't spending it with any extended family, but decided that I would make it special regardless. After all, it was the first holiday we've had since Whit's arrival! The Easter Bunny was making his first visit to our house, we were taking Whit to his first church visit, and I was making a traditional Easter lunch (think country cooking - something we never have in the Waters house). Also, I couldn't wait to take some pictures of Whit in his cute bunny outfit that a friend gave him; the weather was supposed to be perfect for it. I had great plans & was very excited. It was definitely an Easter we won't forget, but not because of my efforts. You know what they say about best laid plans!

John ended up having some sort of virus Easter weekend. He was running a low fever & I didn't want him anywhere near Whit. I normally handle the night feedings during the week, then John helps me with them during the weekends. So this meant no help for me that weekend (translates into 10 straight days of 5 to 6 hours of sleep at night - which ultimately ended up being 21 days with no help at night. But whose counting). John was still pretty sick on Easter Sunday, so we decided to stay home from church. That was the first Easter in my life that I did not attend church. It was a strange feeling. I was also a wee disappointed Whit didn't get to wear his cute smocked Easter outfit. At this point I was still hopeful that our Easter would be great & wasn't going to let a missed church service deter me. I spent a lot of time the night before preparing our Easter lunch & I was determined that the day was still going to be special for our family. So I dusted off our wedding china, and set the table out on our porch. While I was waiting on the last food items to finish cooking, I decided to take some pictures of Whit in his bunny outfit before he fell asleep. I needed John's help with this, and even though he felt bad, he was a good sport & agreed to help for a bit. Well, the photo session lasted about 3 minutes before Whit decided he would have none of it. He started crying, and then officially ended the photo shoot by spitting up all over his bunny outfit. By this time John is feeling horrible, and Whit will only stop crying when being held. So I gave up. I changed Whit's clothes, put up the china, and we ate Easter lunch on TV trays while I held Whit until he fell asleep. On a positive note, the lunch was really good & the Easter candy we pigged out on was even better!
We weren't the only ones with a sad Easter celebration. My parents headed to Bojangles after church to grab a gourmet brunch & locked their keys in the car. So while I was eating my Easter lunch on a TV tray, they were sitting in the Bojangles parking lot waiting on AAA. They win!!!
Pictures from our Easter...

The Easter Bunny broug
ht Whit some khaki pants, flip flops (thanks Aunt BeBe), a Tigger doll (thanks Nana C), and a BooBoo Bunny! Whit was pretty uninterested, but it was fun!

Our little Easter Bunny! (we were able to get some good photos despite the crying)...


Posted by Picasa

Notice the spit up in this last one! Nice!!

No comments: