I thought I would be better about keeping this blog up once Whit was here because I'd have more things to talk about - or rather, more things my friends & family would find interesting. If my sweet husband's listening ability is in direct correlation to the "interesting-ness" of my thoughts, then what I chat about is interesting to others about 60% of the time. Just kidding (sort of). If no baseball/football/basketball/golf/nightly news is not on the TV, then that percentage jumps up to at least 90%.
Anyway, now that Whit's here I do have more that I want to post because I want our friends & family in the upstate to be able to keep up with Whit & how he's doing. It seems that now the problem is finding the time/energy to actually post it.
So my Mother's Day post is a bit out of date. But it was a wonderful first Mother's Day, so I wanted to share it anyway. We traveled up to Anderson for the weekend. It was Whit's second trip to Anderson & we were hoping he'd do as well in the car as he did the first time. We were lucky, he did awesome!! He slept from Charleston to Chapin, where we woke him up to eat. Then he sat happily in his car seat wide awake for the next two hours. He fell asleep again about 15 minutes outside of Iva. We got to visit with both sets of grandparents and some of John's old neighbors. John & I went to Greenville to go to a wedding and also got to visit with old friends. Best of all, my parents volunteered to feed Whit during the night so that John & I both could get a full night of sleep. That Sunday Whit was dedicated at FBC, the church I grew up in and the church where John & I were married. After a nice lunch with both sets of grandparents, we packed up the car & headed home. Somehow we timed it just right & didn't have to stop one time (amazing!!).
No comments:
Post a Comment