The week before Mother's Day, we took Whit to his very first baseball game. I have to admit that I was dreading it. It was on a Wednesday, right smack in the middle of the work week & the weekdays are not the easiest since I've gone back to work. It's a short marathon between the hours of 5pm & 8pm which involve the following: fighting Savannah Hwy traffic to pick Whit up at daycare, fighting more traffic to get onto John's Island, feeding Whit, cooking dinner, cleaning up the kitchen, trying to get in some minimal tummy time for Whit, wash the bottles for the day, prepare the bottles for the middle of the night & morning, prepare the bottles to take to daycare the next day, give Whit a bath, get Whit's bag ready for the next day. (I try not to think about how you're supposed to get everything done with more than one child). Whit is typically a very happy baby, but if he's going to have a fussy time, it's during the evenings. So needless to say, I wasn't too excited about interrupting the routine for something that was more for us than for Whit. On top of all of that, it was very cloudy & looked like rain.
BUT - my sweet husband was sooooo excited about it. Taking Whit to baseball games is something he's been excited about long before Whit arrived. He was so excited about it, that I couldn't say no. I'm glad I didn't. It did drizzle a tiny bit before the game started, but it only lasted about 2 minutes. Because it was in the middle of the week & there was a threat of rain, there was no one there. So we sat on the front row right behind homeplate. It was a really nice night & something we'll definitely do again.

No comments:
Post a Comment