We had a little party yesterday for a few close friends & family. It was nice to celebrate with our friends, and Whit had a blast digging into his birthday cake.
He was uncharacteristically somber through most of the party & it was hard to say if he was intimidated by the house full of guests, or if he was feeling bad. He'd been really pulling at his ears for a couple of days, and had been out sick from school the week before from a fever & mild case of pink eye. Luckily, one our friends who was at the party is a pediatrician had some ear drops with her. After giving him some drops he was he normal happy self! I only wish we had gotten the drops in him sooner so he could have enjoyed his party a bit more.
Despite telling guests that there was absolutely no need to bring a gift, Whit got some awesome things. One of the best was an airplane that was handmade by Nana C's cousin. It has Whit's name on it, and has his birthday on the tail as the plane's number! I know he will love riding on it!!
I'll post some more about how much Whit has grown & developed soon. We're going for his 1yr checkup on Tuesday & I'll have the latest stats to post. Let's just say there was no need to worry that he wasn't developing. In the last 3 or 4 weeks, he's really taken off.
Below are some pictures from the party.
No comments:
Post a Comment