1. He eats like a horse. For real. I thought I'd at least have a decade (give or take a couple years) until he was eating us out of house & home. At his 15 month check up the Dr. asked us if he lets us know when he's done eating. Both John & I both gave each other questioning looks to see if the other could answer. The answer was "we don't know". Since we moved to all table food, the boy doesn't turn away food. Since he's been eating well, I couldn't wait for the Dr. to give us his official weight. I was certain he'd moved up on the charts. I couldn't believe it when the scale only read 20 lbs., which is still the 3rd percentile. How is that possible? Where does all that food go? He's in 10% for height and 25% for head circumference.
2. He's walking!! He's been taking steps for months now, but finally started truly walking this week. He still hasn't learned to stand up without the aid of something to pull up on. However, once he's up, he can walk a pretty good distance.
3. He's got his own opinions. That's a nice way of saying he sometimes gets an attitude. He's still pretty easy going for the most part. However, he'll definitely let you know what he thinks if you take away something he wants. Or if you take away his food and he's not done.
I'll leave you with some pictures from a recent River Dogs Game & a cute story behind the 2nd picture. Whit's been doing a lot of "practice" walking over the past couple of months & we've encouraging him by doing A LOT of cheering & clapping. While Whit was walking along the aisle, holding onto the back of the bleacher in front of him, a player hit a home run. The crowd all cheered & clapped for the home run. When the cheers started, Whit got SO excited. He squealed & laughed, and kept looking back & forth between me & John and the crowd in front of him. After a few seconds, it was evident that he thought all the clapping & cheering were for his walking. He was so proud!
No comments:
Post a Comment