Tuesday, August 10, 2010

overdue update

I have been horrible about posting lately & I'm sure that no one is actually still reading this thing. However, just in case, I'm going to try to be a little better.

Our little boy is 18 months old!! It's really hard for me to believe. He's grown quite a bit, and actually was in the 10th percentile for weight and 50th for height. You read correctly. No more scraping the bottom of the charts for us! Whit is right smack in the middle of them for height. No one was more shocked than me!

Along with looking older, he's acting older. He has little interest in his toys, and would much rather climb in and out of chairs (or on the hearth, or into the bathtub), open and close doors, or play outside. He does like to look at his books, but he has no interest in hearing you read them. He only wants to turn the pages as fast as he can, and occasionally point to something on the page. He still loves to give kisses, but has recently figured out how to give zerberts and he'd much rather give those. He never stays still, and if he's quiet you know he's probably into something he shouldn't be. In other words, we have a toddler.

Our biggest news is that Whit is finally starting to talk. He's been a little behind on this, and we're thrilled that he's trying to say a few things. His vocabulary so far consists of:
Bah (ball)
Da (Dad)
Momma
Nana
Naynana (banana)
oooooooh (what a cow says)
bye-bye
mmmmm (milk)

Below are some pictures from the past couple of months...

Whit & John during a recent trip to the zoo. This was Whit's 2nd visit to the zoo. The first time was about 6 weeks prior to this, and he had zero interest in the animals. This time, he was intrigued by them.


I love this picture! Here he's peeking from behind a blueberry bush we have beside our deck. If you look closely, you can tell that it was taken just after he ate a handful of dirt before I could stop him.


Here Whit is standing beside our GINORMOUS fig tree. I wish I liked figs, b/c we have about 5,000 in our driveway right now.


Whit's first ice cream cone! He thought it was very funny!

Whit playing in the sand with Aunt Cathy at the beach!

No comments: