Monday, February 28, 2011

Valentine's Day Party

As always, I'm a bit late on posting - but better late than never.

Whit's class at school had a Valentine's Day party to celebrate the day, to which parents were invited. This was the first party I've been able to make, and it was hilarious to see Whit interact with his teachers & classmates. Unsurprising to me, Whit was all about the food. What did surprise me was how much MORE about the food he was than all the other kids in his class. I tried to assure the other parents and his teachers that we really do feed him at home. He devoured his food before his classmates were even halfway done with theirs and then proceeded to try to eat off the plates of everyone else.

I also noticed that he is not at all shy. Most of the other kids who had parents there were pretty clingy with their parents. Whit was excited that I was there, but he happily approached all the other parents & wanted in their laps (I think to eat their food - but it seemed sweet on the surface).

The biggest takeaway I had, is that his teachers are saints. There are two of them for 10 2 year olds. I don't know how in the world they manage them for 8 hours a day. I was stressed out after being there for an hour. They are indeed special people!!

I wish I'd gotten some better pictures, but it was hard to take any at all with 10 two year olds wanting to grab the camera! Here are few I managed to snap. In the first one you can see the teachers are trying to get the food ready. All the other kids are sitting patiently waiting on their plates. Except Whit. He couldn't contain his excitement about the food!






No comments: