Thursday, March 24, 2011

Back on the Wagon

If you're thinking I've done a really poor job of staying on top of my New Years Resolution to take a picture everyday, and that I've done a really poor job of keeping this blog up to date - you'd be absolutely right. I totally fell off the picture taking/blog updating wagon. I don't even have a good excuse.

Well maybe a have a few. We've all been sick (though luckily not at all the same time), and we've been dealing with a very real case of the terrible two's. After tantrum #846 in a 5-day span, when we're yelling UNCLE as loud as we can, Whit will surprise us and be his normal self for a day & we will remind ourselves that this too will pass. Hopefully it will pass soon. Very, very, soon. It's hard to be in a picture taking mood when your favorite subject matter is busy screaming, crying, head-banging, hitting, biting, and generally being all-around miserable. However, I do still think it's a very good goal, so I'm climbing back on the wagon.

It hasn't all been bad either. We've been busy with good things too. We bought a new house & are moving back to our hometown in a couple of weeks! We'll be just minutes from my parents & only about 20 minutes from John's parents. For the first time since either of us left our parents' homes after high school, we are going to be living in a home that has some semblance of permanence.

Also in the "good things" category, Whit has really, really exploded where his development is concerned. He talks non-stop, and repeats anything you say. If he's going anywhere, he's running at full speed. He's much more agile, and will try to climb (& usually succeed) onto most anything. Last Sunday we put him down in his crib for his daily nap. About 15 minutes later he just wondered into the den by himself, carrying a book & handed it to us to read. He had climbed out of his crib (hardly making a sound) like it was something he did all the time. He wasn't overly proud, happy or upset. He just handed John a book, saying "eeed bock" (read book). So this week we made the transition to a toddler bed. I'd been dreading it, but knew we needed to do it soon so we can use the crib for the new baby. It's gone much more smoothly than I thought it would. Night #1 was rough, but ever since then, he's stayed in the bed once we've tucked him in. We're on night #4.

Speaking of new baby, everything is very good on that front too. I'm 29 weeks, and everything seems to be very well. Only 11 weeks left.

I did manage to take a few pictures over the past month. So here are a few to catch you up...

Whit's very favorite thing to do is "eed bocks"


"Keys" (Whit-speak for "cheese")

Sharing a "milk-cake" with Daddy

John went to Whit's school and talked to the 3k & 4k classes about taking care of their teeth. Allie the Alligator helped.

No comments: