On to other topics....going to watch the Clemson/Carolina baseball game tonight.....to all Gamecocks out there, we dominate you.In other news....I'm almost done with my classes here at Clemson. Just a few more weeks and I promise I really will be done with Clemson. I'm not coming back when I'm 40....I already feel like a creepy old guy around here. We're nearing the big move to Charleston, and we're closing on our house on April 28. We'll probably do the bulk of the moving the second week in May....after that, y'all come see us!
Also, I wanted to let everyone know that my brother, Chad, and his wife, Kara, had a baby boy not too long ago....Eric Waters. This is our second nephew, and we are really happy about the new edition.
Other random news....Here is a pic of the opening night at Greenville's new downtown ballpark (West End Field). Props to the mayor and everyone else who worked hard enough to make this

a reality. Here in town, we've been hearing about this possible downtown baseball stadium for the new minor league team (the Drive....could've done better on the nickname) for a long time. I'm glad the people in control had the foresight to put it downtown....In my opinion, no stadium in the suburbs could provide the uniqueness, sense of place, and opportunity to revitalize a neighborhood the way this will.....looking forward to going to the game there next Thursday night. Supposedly it's a mini-replica of Fenway Park (the BoSox are the parent team).
In other sports news......a disturbing story came out of Memphis today. A big time college football booster of the U. of Alabama was found dead in his home, apparantly after a violent struggle. This guy was convicted of money laundering and racketeering conspiracy in 2005, in relation to recruiting a defensive lineman to Bama. If this murder had anything to do with the recruiting violations and conviction, it really looks bad for college football. I mean really, we all know that money changes hands and stuff like this goes on, but murder??? That's a new level of crime in college football.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2405362
Well......enough of that negativity. Sports news, and news in general is full of negativity. I think that every so often, they should play the video of that autistic kid in NY state that finally got into his HS basketball game - and then went crazy shooting 3's and making them. Now that was posititve. That was darn near a miracle......that's a good thought to end on.
See you next trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment