Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Kiawah Island



Well, we're finally all moved in & unpacked. I am still not sure I feel like I live in Charleston, mainly because I've yet to be here for more than 4 days in a row. But now we are unpacked & now that most of our planned trips out of town are behind us, we are trying to enjoy our last two weeks before we start work & school by doing Charleston things. Yesterday we went to Kiawah Island & spent a couple of hours at the County Park Beach that is there (Beachwalker Park). It was a beautiful day & the temperature outside was perfect. After that we went to Newton Farms, a gourmet grocery store owned by Piggly Wiggly that is designed like the open-air European markets. We got fresh shrimp & summer veggies to have for dinner. Now eating fresh shrimp on our screened porch after going to the beach definitely helps us feel like we live in Charleston!! (Above & below pictures are from Beachwalker Park.)

No comments: