Monday, January 31, 2011

Project 362 - catch up

I'm back! After two weeks of crazy, ridiculous work hours, I'm finally coming up for air. I did manage to keep taking pictures (well, at least on most days), but just couldn't find time to load & post them. So here's a few of those days to help catch us up!

January 12 - "Red Block"
I took this while we were trapped in the house during our big January snow. I had a lot of time to play around with the camera. This is using a pretty low aperture setting, which requires the camera to stay very still. I don't have a tripod, so I had to set the camera on the floor. Also, I couldn't use a toddler as my subject of focus!

"Enough Already"
By the end of four days of being trapped inside the house due to the snow, this picture perfectly portrays how we all felt!

January 14 - "Libby Lou"
I've found our cat Libby to be a much more cooperative then the rest of the Waters family when I'm ready to take some pictures! Also, our house is pretty dark after 5pm, which is when I'm not working and when everyone is home. I decided to take some pictures during the daylight hours so I could take advantage of the sunlight.

January 15 - "Duck Pond"
Before the snow had completely melted, we were with some friends when Whit & I visited a local pond that's known for its population of ducks & geese.

We tried to feed the ducks some old bread, but the geese soon frightened away the ducks, and scared us enough that we made the kids stand on picnic tables. As you can see, Whit was far more interested in eating his bread than sharing with the ducks.

We had a great day!

January 21 - "Hasty Point"

During my hectic work over the past two weeks, I traveled to Georgetown for a quick staff retreat. It was held on some land called Hasty Point on one of the area's prettiest rivers. It was beautiful!!! I didn't have a ton of free time, but took these pictures while I was there.


No comments: