Monday, January 17, 2011

Project 362 - January 10 & 11

January 10 - "Peace"

This is the scene to which we awoke on January 10th. It was Monday morning and at 7am we had about 4 or 5 inches of snow on the ground. That's a lot around here. The snow continued throughout the day, and by that night we had almost a foot. I played with the camera for about 5 minutes on the different semi-auto settings, trying to adjust the shutter speed and aperture to get a good photo. It was still fairly dark outside & I never could get keep the camera still enough to get a good shot. I finally gave up and took this one on auto, b/c I really wanted to remember how pretty and peaceful it was.

January 11th - "Snow Day"

A foot of snow on the ground rendered us home-bound for 4 days. The roads were a mess, and Whit's school was closed. This was pretty much how our house looked for the entire 4 days. This was the second day in & at this point we were all still enjoying the forced rest.


By the end of our 2nd day inside, we were all getting a little stir crazy, and Whit was climbing on top of EVERYthing. This was our attempt to bring the park inside. Yes that's a coffee table Whit is sliding down, and yes, it's propped up on our couch. He loved it.

No comments: