January 8, 2011 - "Snack Time"

There is nothing special about this one. I don't know what John was watching on TV, but whatever it was, Whit must have thought it was pretty interesting! This is a super-boring pic, but it's the only one I took that day.
January 9, 2011 - "Little Red Monsters"

Here is one of my first attempts at using the camera on "Aperture Priority" inside, after dark. It's pretty much a disaster. In order for enough light to enter the camera, the camera slows the shutter speed down so much, that any movement shows up in the picture. It's not really a problem if you're shooting landscapes & a desired look if you're shooting fireworks. It doesn't really work if you're trying to catch an almost two year old who never stays still.
So, you might wonder if there is anything that would make Whit stand still long enough to get a semi-focused picture?? Elmo would be the answer. The picture below was taken using the same camera setting & almost the same aperture. I think the light from the TV also helped to speed up the shutter speed some so that I got an almost-in-focus picture with no blurry streaks.


This picture above was taken after I got frustrated, and put the camera back on the full-auto setting. It's so much easier!! Whit got this Rock-n-Roll Elmo from his aunt & uncle for Christmas & he obviously loves it. Mommy & Daddy are starting to love it slightly less a little each day.
No comments:
Post a Comment